Last Updated: March 14, 2023
Who We Are: The Sharing Shelf (“Sharing Shelf”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a 501(c)(3)
nonprofit organization that was founded to address clothing insecurity and meet the basic material needs of low-income children and teens in Westchester County. We support schools, hospitals and non-profits that work directly with economically vulnerable families in the Westchester community.
Table of Contents
1. Information We Collect
2. How We Use Information
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
5. Choices and Control Over Your Information
6. Children’s Personal Information
7. Third-Party Services
9. Contact Us
We collect personal information about you in various ways when you interact with the Website. The types of personal information we collect and the manner in which we collect it depends on the nature of your interaction with the Website.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We may collect the following personal information you provide in connection with the Website:
Information We Receive Automatically:
We may collect certain information from you automatically when you visit the Website, including:
Personal Information We Receive from Other Sources and Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we receive either automatically or directly from you:
We may use the personal information we process:
• To fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to process your requests or to respond to inquiries, including verifying your information to ensure its accuracy and validity.
• To process your donations, monetary or otherwise.
• To operate, maintain and provide the features and functionality of the Website.
• To communicate with you, including via email, and send you information regarding The Sharing Shelf’s activities and important information regarding the Website, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and/or other administrative information.
• To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Website, technology assets, and our business.
• For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud prevention, developing new features, enhancing and improving the Website, and identifying usage trends.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations and enforce our corporate reporting obligations and our agreements, or to comply with applicable laws.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and The Sharing Shelf and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of The Sharing Shelf, its employees or agents, or other users.
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
If you would prefer not to accept such tracking technologies, most browsers or devices will allow you to: (i) change your browser or device settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject such technologies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our Website, as some features and the Website may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all such technologies. In addition, if you want to reject these technologies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser and device you actively use.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information regarding user behavior and user
currently available opt-out options here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track: We do not currently recognize the “do not track” signals that some
browsers may employ.
We may send you promotional messages via email. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We will make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices).
Our websites and online services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, and do not knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, please do not use our websites or online services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 14 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 14, we will promptly delete that personal information. We do, however, process personal information about children, including names, age and gender, when it is necessary for the services we are offering, and you provide it to us. For example, we may process information about children from nonprofits, schools, and government agencies in order to fulfill a request for assistance for one of their students, clients, or a child of a client.
privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
The Sharing Shelf
47 Purdy Avenue
Port Chester, NY 10573